On Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:17:44 PM UTC-4, Jim foo.bar wrote:

> I think you want to have a look at clojure.math.combinatorics

Jim, thanks for the suggestion. I am trying to get a feel for how
core.logic works, not reinvent code from the combinatorics library.

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:27:40 PM UTC-4, David Nolen wrote:

> Are you using core.logic 0.8.0-beta1 ? The distincto issue looks like it
> might be a bug.

Yes.

> As far as not terminating that's because of the structure of the program.
> By asking for the 17th solution you asking to construct lists larger than 3
> which satisfy the distincto condition which is of course impossible. The
> program fails indefinitely because q has no bound.

Ah, I see. That's interesting. I had assumed that the two clauses would
naturally create a bound on the size of the list, but I suppose that it's
not enough information to go on.

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:31:25 PM UTC-4, David Nolen wrote:

> Ticket created for the distincto bug -
> http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/LOGIC-62

Thanks!

- Jordan