On 10/25/12 6:24 PM, Jason Bennett wrote:

Let's say I have a set of thread-first calls:

(-> url
     e)

And let's say that I need to process and save the result of function b as a second parameter to function e (function b returns a file, and function e needs the extention of that file). How would I drop a let into the middle of the thread calls without making a large mess? The only suggestion I've gotten so far is to move calls A and B into a let before the thread-first so I can process their return values.

jason

Pallet's thread-exp library has a let-> macro that would do the trick:

https://github.com/pallet/thread-expr/blob/develop/src/pallet/thread_expr.clj#L100-106

I love the thread-expr library but when I spoke with Hugo Duncan at Clojure West he said that pallet's use of it was largely being replaced by monads.

-Ben