The concept of selection bias is only applicable when you are trying to get a
representative sample of a population.

I don't think the idea of the discussion is to go by majority vote.  It is to
find a process that meets the criteria decided upon by the Clojure/core
members.  I'm not one of them, but that seems reasonable to me.

For example, if the process ends up becoming:

    Print out a copy of the paper CA, sign it, then fax or scan & email the
signed paper document.

Then that seems like it should enable more people to submit a signed CA more
cheaply from more places in the world than before, and might meet the legal
criteria that the Clojure/core team wants to preserve (whatever that might be).
 I'm not saying that is what the process will become, but it is one among many
possibilities.

Andy