It isn't.

I created a first cut of a patch to support this[1] a while back,  but it's
messy and I haven't spent time on it since.

Ideally,  you'd want to specify a variadic signature using an idiomatic

[arg1 arg2 &  rest]

style rather that meta data + array arg required by my patch.

The gen-class code is pretty complex, so it's not straightforward to do
that,  YMMV.

Neale.

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/clojure/HMpMavh0WxA/discussion