+1 on the checksum validation error and ReasonPhrase:Forbidden on the pom.
Using leiningen preview10. I updated my version number to not have
SNAPSHOT, so maybe that's why it's not working, compared to Sean's?

Regardless of the current bug, thanks for working on this functionality,
Phil (and whoever else contributed to it). It felt like clojars (along with
leiningen) was a great convenience, but was a bit weak on the security
side, being too open--and this closes that gap significantly.

Quick OSX/Homebrew tutorial (this is what I did):
brew install gpg
gpg --gen-key
# the following command is sufficient if you've just installed gpg and only
have one key, otherwise you should probably already know how to figure out
which key you want
gpg --export -a
(copy the resulting text into your clojars profile)
lein deploy clojars

Not too hard, right? (Admittedly, gpg is one of those homebrew recipes that
requires symlinking some stuff in /usr/local/share/locale/ to finish
linking; my usual work around is to "chown root:wheel" the homebrew
executable to "sudo brew link gpg", and then reset it.)

Wes