(let [opts (js/Object.)]
  (set! (.-onSuccess opts) (fn [] (js/console.log "Successful Connect"))
  (set! (.-onFailure opts) (fn [] (js/console.log "failure Connect"))
  (.connect client opts))

Is what you want. You weren't setting those properties as your were in JS.
Honestly I'd probably write it more like this:

(.connect client
  (js-obj
     "onSuccess" (fn [] (js/console.log "Success!"))
     "onFailure" (fn [] (js/console.log "Failure!"))))

or

(let [opts (js-obj