Dependency information has been added. Thank you!

The documentation will go more into this, but the example is showing how to
get started with transaction management. Hermes has a very strict way of
dealing with transactions (it will throw errors if you aren't using it as
intended). If you get an Titan object back from a transaction, then you
must use the vertex or edge refresh methods first before being able to use
that object within another transaction.  The defs were used to show how to
keep an object around and then reuse it later on in a different
transaction. The forthcoming docs will explain all of this. Thank you for
the feedback!
-Zacm