On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com>wrote:

> My advice: don't try to learn too much at once. Eclipse+counterclockwise
> (and probably Intellij+La Clojure) lets you start right away hacking
> clojure. They are specifically designed to be newbie friendly   Postpone
> the decision of  becoming an emacs ninja to when you feel ok with clojure
> and you feel that you lack customization power (if ever).

Not to take away anything from any other IDE/editor, but I started off on
emacs (thanks to Baishampayan) and it's the most natural environment (along
with slime/nrepl/ritz++) for clojure! I've been a vimmer all my life, and
it's still the best editor to me, but emacs is another world. And learning
clojure meant I could easily personalize my emacs config since I had then
become a *lot* more comfortable with elisp too - something that stopped me
from exploring emacs in my pre-clojure years.

You won't need to be a ninja, but spending a couple of days with someone
who has a good emacs setup and is willing to pair/teach will help you tide
over almost anything.

--
jaju