Thanks for the pointers!

The only issue is that all code refers to node and not the browser's js… :-(

Your blocking-deref seems to rely on node/process.nextTick to essentially poll
in every event-loop-cycle.
Is there any node/process.nextTick equivalent that can be used in the browser?
(that seems to be the only node-specific dependency as far as I can see…)

Thanks, FrankS.