I am playing with clojurescript, and I have this code:

(defn prepare [number]
  (def targets (take 4 (drop (* 4 (- number 1)) (dom/getElementsByClass
"place-div"))))
  (def target-objects (map #(make-target %) targets))
  (for [drag draggables target target-objects]
    (.addTarget drag target))
  (map #(.init %)  draggables)
  (map #(.init %) target-objects)
  draggables)

It basically creates  a bunch of dragNdrop objects.
This code doesn't work in this method - no error, just doesn't do the job -
but if I execute the lines one at a time from repl, it works fine.
Can someone please explain what the heck is going on ?

much appreciated.