To answer your question:

(def x (into [] (map (fn [x] (ref 100))
                            (range 10))))

Or, instead of map & into, use mapv.

But yes, 90% of the time you are better served by putting the entire vector
in a single ref. Try using as little mutable state as possible, and you'll
often find that good design just falls into place.

Timothy Baldridge

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Thomas <th.vanderv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I create a vector of different refs?
>
> I would like to have a vector with in each cell a ref so that I can
> manipulate them independently from each other (Is that a good idea
> anyway?). But when I do
>
> (def x (into [] (repeat 10 (ref 100))))
>
> I end up with the same ref ten times (not surprisingly), but I would like
> to have ten different refs instead.
>
> TIA,
> Thomas
>
>  --

“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that–lacking
zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C
programs.”
(Robert Firth)