http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/TNS-1 is the reason why I did bultitude.
It was an important bug that was never addressed, and probably still hasn't
been addressed. Other people have also added relatively complex classpath
features to it as well, and since it isn't a contrib project you can
contribute to it without having to sign a CA and do the Jira patch parade.
Because of these things and especially because of the latter I'll
definitely continue maintaining bultitude. I'm interested in the new
features added to tools.namespace, and will definitely look into them and
maybe take whatever makes sense over to bultitude.