He's repeating a function argument, not a function.

Meikel is correct that the second expression causes (some #{0} ...) to
return nil when number is not a multiple of 3 or 5, and then zero? fails.
As he suggests...

(reduce + (filter (fn [number] (some zero? (map mod (take 2 (repeat
number)) [3 5]))) (range 1 1000)))

...works (and returns 233168)

Sean