>From what I can tell, dojo is testing an argument to see whether it has a
method named "call". dojo seems to be assuming that if such a method
exists, then the argument will not be a string.

Then clojurescript seems to be assigning a function named "call" to the
String prototype. And so these two libraries conflict.

I am unsure whether either library is completely to blame. However it seems
fairly clear that dojo does not intend to invoke "call" on a string.

Changing dojo/on.js, line 83, to

    if(type.call && (!type instanceof String)){

does fix the problem. I'll check with the dojo folks on making a change
along these lines unless someone can suggest a change to clojurescript.

-Patrick