> Significant performance gain is achieved when destructuring by skipping
nth and directly calling type fields instead.

Have you also patched the destructuring mechanism?

> Concrete vector implementation is not known when destructuring, so I'm
left with a custom reader literal.

How does the reader literal affect the site of destructuring? Are you also
using the #[] literal for the destructure target? ie:

(let [#[x y] #[1 2]] ...)

If so, then wouldn't to make more sense to rely on type hints?

(let [[x y] ^Tuple2 (tuple 1 2)] ...)

I guess, potentially, you could rely on the explicit vector type for small
literals:

(let [[x y] ^Vec2 [1 2]] ...)

But that seems like a bad idea....