On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Thomas <th.vanderv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Something that came up last night in the blank? thread. What is a good way
> to show someone the advantages of Clojure. Something that is simple, not
> too complicated, easily understood, shows a (significant) benefit, etc.
>
> Any ideas? (As said in the other thread, I have used the blank? example
> from Stuart Halloway to show people the difference).

Open a connection to a service/database/... and mess around with it (for
example a remote db, with a very slow connection initialization).
And show how it's easy to experiment when you always have the JVM up and
running.
Constrast it with Java for example, where when the unit test or the main
method is exited, you have to rebuild the context again.