> Any plans to decouple the parsing combinators (more importantly the
> error messages/position tracking) from parsing text? "A seqable
> object" as in the second argument to parse is not necessarily
> something for which lines and columns make sense.

Not yet. I've decided that first the library must get really good at
parsing text. Once I have more experience writing and using this library,
that'd be a good goal to have. But for now it's about text.

Or to make your parser an honest monad (i.e. to implement the
> algo.monads interface)?

I have my own project for monoids, functors and monads, based on protocols,
which I think is much faster than algo.monads, yet I decided against
implementing Kern with a monad transformer for performance reasons.
Furthermore, though I think algo.monads it's pretty good, I don't believe
it's been so widely adopted as to require Kern users to learn it and use it
to structure their own programs. The fact that Kern is monadic  is to be
transparent to its users.