> Relatively succesfull efforts have been made to compile Clojure to ObjC, but
> they aren't legally usable in practice.

Why wouldn't a cross compiler be legal? There are tons of apps in the
App Store that were originally written in C# and Lua (lots of game
frameworks compile down from higher level languages). My understanding
of the rules is that you can't ship code over the wire at run time to
be executed in your app, unless it's inside a WebKit view, but
otherwise, you're free to embed an interpreter or cross compile the
code all you want.

jack.