On Saturday, 26 January 2013 18:36:44 UTC+8, Zed Dominic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a student, still trying to consider, if I should embrace Clojure as
> my language of choice. I have programmed in Java, C and Haskell (it brought
> me here) in the past, and I want to try out some list processing...
>
> Of everything I deduced on the Internet, Clojure is a JVM language, with
> side projects for CLR and JavaScript. Which platform should I marry to get
> started on?
> And, if I want to professionally embrace Clojure after I get a job, what
> Clojure platform should I count on? There is a Clojure-in-Clojure project
> too, I suppose; Any thoughts on that, will be helpful to me.

I'd recommend starting with the main (JVM) version of Clojure first. This
version is the most mature and well documented.

JVM Clojure is also probably the most useful, certainly if you are thinking
about the case of writing server-side code. This is because it has access
to the huge JVM library ecosystem, which is particularly strong on the
server.

You can always try out the others once you are comfortable with the
language. Indeed, Clojure on the server with ClojureScript running on the
browser is a pretty compelling combination for some applications.