I first learned vi (the predecessor to vim) working on a senior project in
college in the early 1980s, and then learned Gosling emacs at my first job
in the late 1980s. Since then, I have gone back and forth between the two
for various reasons, and I'm about equally comfortable in each of them. For
a while, I preferred vim since it had better GUI font rendering than emacs,
but since I started playing with Clojure, I got back into emacs, using
nrepl, and I must say it's a pretty nice setup. The font rendering is no
longer an issue, and emacs now has a cool package install feature that
makes adding advanced features a breeze.

My perception is that emacs has an edge in the Lisp/Clojure world, but I
see plenty of people using vim. I have not tried a vim clojure setup
because once I got emacs setup, I was happy. If you are used to vim, and
you find it works well for Clojure, then there's nothing wrong with going
with that. After all, its about finding a tool that works for you, whether
or not it's the most popular or the coolest.