Hi,

jayq includes something similar (nicer imho). It takes the form of a let
like construct

(let-deferred
    [a (jq/ajax "http://localhost:8000/1.json";)
     b (jq/ajax "http://localhost:8000/2.json";)]  (do-something-with-result
(merge a b foo)))

It also supports :let and :when intermediary steps.

more examples can be found here:
https://github.com/ibdknox/jayq#jayqmacros-source

and the macro:
https://github.com/ibdknox/jayq/blob/master/src/jayq/macros.clj#L15