Could you try replacing the wrap-resource middleware with the
route/resources function? The latter operates in a slightly different way
to the Ring middleware, and if the Compojure route works without issue, I
might have an idea what the problem is.

i.e. your code should look like:

(defroutes app-routes
  (ANY "/" request (index request))
  ;; <rest of routes>
  (GET "/finish-user-sign-up" request (finish-user-sign-up request))
  (route/resources "/")
  (route/not-found "Page not found"))

You've also got a max-age of 90 for your session cookies, which would mean
your sessions will time out in 90 seconds. Is that what you want?

Also:

   (GET "/foo" request (foo request))

Is equivalent to:

   (GET "/foo" [] foo)