Having worked with a number of languages sensitive to white spaces including
 "magic" columns reminiscent of the paper cards, I honestly do not find any
sex-appeal in a syntax relying on spaces, line breaks and indentation.

It's error prone, errors are harder to detect, and breaks the tool chain.

As far as this alternate proposal, I find the end result ugly at best.
It does not favor a compact coding style which I have chosen years ago
after stopping using the older languages above which did not allow me to be
concise.

Mixing both styles together does not do anything to dissipate this repulsion
feeling.

Frankly, I do not catch it, I have been working in at least a dozen languages
and half  a dozen assemblers dating back to Fortran and Cobol, older Lisps,...
Working I said, not as a hobby.

I never tried to bend a language to my previous habits. I adapted and made my
playground within the  limits imposed by the language, that's it.

Are these discussions about parenthesis a sign that humans cannot adapt anymore
and truly try new concepts before judging their merit ? In a decent amount of
time ?
It took me three months to adapt to Clojure while writing production code and
I started at ... 47 years old.

It's like if this parenthesis issue is the end of the world.

What will happen the day Earth suffers a major blow (The aftermath series) ?
Insects will pick up were we left ?

http://www.banquedessinee.be/all--21-58.html

No need to understand french, just look at the last picture of the page...

Sorry for the rant but I find these discussions a bad use of our life time.
There is so much to do aside from nit picking on parenthesis....

Luc P.

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!