A few months ago I reread Simon Peyton Joneses article on STM in the
Beautiful Code book and decided to try and translate it into clojures
STM

See the paper here http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/74063/beautiful.pdf

He says 'Atomic blocks as we have introduced them so far are utterly
inadequate to coordinate concurrent programs. They lack two key
facilities: blocking and choice' so I guess the implication is
Clojures STM is inferior, any thoughts?

I had to use a constraint on a ref and try/catch to get the same
effect (though I hate using exceptions for control flow it does seem
to work)

https://github.com/thattommyhall/santa-claus/blob/master/src/santa/core.clj

I think a better solution might be had using watchers, how would you do it?
Any good links explaining differences in the STMs?

Cheers,
Tom