Thanks, I've had a look at Immutant.

I don't really want to migrate my whole app to immutant's framework right
now though (plus I'm just interested in how one might employ this pattern
for things other than web apps too) so I've been looking through to see if
I can work out how to do just the classloading/dependency resolution part.
I can't seem to find anything though. Does that happen within the JBoss AS
part of it rather than in clojure?

Any input is much appreciated, thanks

Adam