It could be that actually the *realized?* docstring needs change or
clarification because a future can be realized in one of two ways: a value
or a failure. Both count as realized in the sense that they are the *outcome
* of the future; in other words, *realized?* evaluating to true* *gives the
crucial guarantee that *deref* won't block. The pitfall lies with the
assumption that a future can only realize into a value.