On Feb 23, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Stuart Sierra wrote:

> Furthermore, according to the policy of the Maven Central Repository, we
> cannot deploy anything which depends on third-party repositories. Therefore
> we cannot deploy core.typed to the Central Repository unless all its
> dependencies are also deployed there.

Straying further off-topic, but: FWIW, unless they've changed the verification
of POMs being promoted recently, that's not so.  The official guide to OSS
deployment only says it's strongly discouraged
(https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide),
 and links to blog posts that indicate that Sonatype is (was?) planning on
rewriting POMs to remove external repository definitions, but tons of artifacts
in central still contain them, e.g.:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/openid4java/openid4java-nodeps/0.9.6/openid4java-nodeps-0.9.6.pom

(…which refers to a now-defunct Guice repository, thus highlighting the
rationale for the proposed no-external-repositories policy.)

Cheers,

- Chas