I have a solution (gist here https://gist.github.com/aria42/5026109, key
bits pasted below). It's pretty short (15 lines) and readable (I think) and
only 50% slower than the Java version on my machine (averaging over 25 runs
of your benchmark function).

Generally, I've found it's really easy when you just translate Java code
like this into Clojure, the Clojure will read worse than the original Java;
to boot it will also be  slower! And not to be insulting, but I think the
other Clojure solutions I saw in this thread seem to have this property.
You usually have to pull out some abstraction in order to regain on the
readability and concentrate on performance there. Here, I think it's a
macro you'll probably use all over the place, arr-max, which will find the
largest value of an expression looping over an array's index and values.
Then lcs is just nested uses of arr-max that I think is pretty reasonable.
The thing which clutters the remaining code are the prev/cur swapping which
I don't have a slick way of handling.

(defmacro arr-max
  "return maximum value of `expr` over the indices
   and values of array `arr`, where `idx-symb` and `val-symb`
   are bound to index and values of `arr`"
  [arr idx-symb val-symb expr]
  `(let [arr# ~arr
         n# (alength arr#)]
     (loop [~idx-symb 0 max-val# java.lang.Long/MIN_VALUE]
       (if (= ~idx-symb n#)
         max-val#
         (let [~val-symb (aget arr# ~idx-symb)
               val# ~expr]
           (recur (inc ~idx-symb)
                  (if (> val# max-val#)
                    val# max-val#)))))))

(defn lcs [^objects a1 ^objects a2]
  (let [prev-ref (atom (long-array (inc (alength a2))))
        cur-ref (atom (long-array (inc (alength a2))))]
    (arr-max a1 i v1
       (let [^longs prev @prev-ref
             ^longs cur @cur-ref
             max-len (arr-max a2 j v2