On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Kevin Downey <redc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what version of clojure are you using? I doubt line #100 of main is the
> correct line in server.clj, the content of the stacktrace looks more like
> https://github.com/clojure/tools.nrepl/blob/master/src/main/clojure/clojure/tools/nrepl/server.clj#L146,
> what version of nrepl?

>From the working Java 7 install:

lein repl
nREPL server started on port 53804
REPL-y 0.1.9
Clojure 1.4.0

[snip]

user=> (System/getProperty "java.version")
"1.7.0_11"

> https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/master/src/jvm/clojure/lang/Compiler.java#L7504
> has a comment that sort of explains why the compiler generates stub classes,
> this sort of looks like the name of the stub is not getting unmunged
> somewhere.

I'll investigate further in that source - thanks.

To add a bit more light on this, my JDK 8 Mac build is from the lambda
repo, so may have changes which are ahead of mainline JDK8 (to
Herwig's point).

Does Clojure make use of custom classloading? If so, is there a
concise description of how it does so? My top two guesses for a root
cause were name mangling & custom classloading.

Thanks,

Ben