yeah looks like both lein and lein.bat fail with 403
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403
Failed to download
https://leiningen.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/leiningen-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar

Downloading Leiningen now...
Exception calling "DownloadFile" with "2" argument(s): "The remote server
returned an error: (403) Forbidden."
At line:1 char:137
+ & {param($a,$f)
[Net.ServicePointManager]::ServerCertificateValidationCallback = {$true};
(new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile <<<< ($a, $f)}
https://leiningen.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/leiningen-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jarC:\Users\u
ser\.lein\self-installs\leiningen-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar.pending
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [],
MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException

so I don't know what to tell you, other than what I'd do (and you wouldn't
want to): build leiningen from master(that's what I always do)