I'm not used to Google Groups so I'm not even sure whether this is more of
a forum or a mailing list or something else. It's not really what I'd call
a full-on forum though. The communities where I hang around tend to look
more like this...

http://www.edugeek.net/
http://www.edugeek.net/forums/

http://www.soundonsound.com/
http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/

News homepage with links, forum with sections, you get the picture.

This group is clearly where the action is and I imagine it will stay that
way, but I'm thinking it would be nice to have something more structured,
more community-minded and appealing to browse.

At the moment, apart from this, there are some barely-used  "Clojure"
sections in programming forums like Code Ranch which offer no advantage...

http://www.coderanch.com/forums/f-110/clojure

...and the deserted "Getting Clojure" forum, which is the closest to the
kind of structure I had in mind, but badly needs a design makeover.

http://www.gettingclojure.com/
http://www.gettingclojure.com/forum:start

Imagine a swish site with sensible sections for all levels; topics like
News, Programming, Leiningen, Light Table, Getting Started, General Chat
etc etc (OK so I don't know enough about the subject to know what they
should be)...does the idea have any appeal, or is it not going to
happen...? It's easy to set up stuff like that nowadays, though design and
moderation probably takes a bit more practice. Just a thought.