Ah, I didn't even know about tty support! I just take the path of
least resistance and use an nrepl client (nrepl.el in Emacs or lein
repl at the command line)...

What's your use case that you'd have folks connecting into the nrepl
server without a regular nrepl client?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Jim - FooBar(); <jimpil1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/03/13 23:05, Sean Corfield wrote:
>>
>> nrepl uses a specific protocol so you can't use telnet. You'll need an
>> nrepl client of some sort. Leiningen is the easiest one but I believe
>> there are nrepl clients in other languages than Clojure?
>

> thanks Sean, I found out that nrepl comes with a tty transport which however
> is not the default ...in a nutshell, if someone wants to use telnet, he has
> to start the server with the extra arg ':transport-fn tty'...then it works
> just fine but the experience is still horrific....
>

> Jim

Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."