The Leiningen project file I use include these dependancies:

(defproject fb20try "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT"
  :description "FIXME: write description"
  :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.4.0"]
                 [org.clojure/clojure-contrib "1.2.0"]
                 [dds/ndds "1.0"]
                 [quil "1.6.0"]]
  :dev-dependencies [[swank-clojure "1.4.2"]])

[dds/ndds "1.0"] is a third part library that I installed in my local maven
repository with the command

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=nddsjava.jar -DgroupId=dds
-DartifactId=ndds -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar

Everything works well if  [quil "1.6.0"] is not included. If it is
included, I get this error when the project is loaded:

C:\Clojure\lein\fb20try>lein repl
REPL started; server listening on localhost port 24467
user=> (use 'dyndata.model.ddsdata)
The library nddsjava.dll could not be loaded by Windows.
Make sure that the library is in your Path environment variable.
UnsatisfiedLinkError no nddsjava in java.library.path
 java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary (ClassLoader.java:1738)

Can anyone explain why a dll is referenced at all ?

Thanks
Nico