On Mar 16, 2013, at 9:24 PM, Rich Morin <r...@cfcl.com> wrote:

> The cost of a taxi from Portland Intl. Airport (PDX)
> to the Clojure/West hotel (Courtyard by Marriott) is
> listed (by the hotel) as about $35 one way.
>
> To save money, you can take the (TriMet) light rail:
>
>  * Walk to the Portland Intl. MAX station (Red Line).
>
>  * Take MAX to the Gateway/NE 99th Ave TC MAX Station.
>
>  * Board MAX Green Line to City Center/PSU.
>
>  * Get off at SW 5th & Oak St MAX Station.
>
>  * Walk (~1/2 blk.) west to 550 SW Oak St.
>
>  * The fare is $2.50 for adults, $1 for seniors (65+).

Rich: Thanks for pointing this out. $2.50 is definitely much more appealing
than $35!

I just tried the "Trip Planner" on the TriMet site and it shows that a trip
from the airport to 550 SW Oak Street in Portland can be done on the red line
alone.

http://tinyurl.com/b2w43or

Does that look right to anybody who might be more familiar with the area? It
looks like a longer walk to the hotel from the station, but still only 0.3
miles. I'd prefer a longer walk to making a transfer on a light rail system
that I'm not familiar with.

Thanks!
Charlie

--
Charlie Griefer
http://charlie.griefer.com

"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself."
-- Desiderius Erasmus