It looks like MimetypesFileTypeMap wants a path to a plain file. I can't
try this right now, but I think you want the constructor that takes an
InputStream. Something like
(MimetypesFileTypeMap. (io/input-stream (io/resource "thefile")))
though if you just passed "/thefile" to io/input-stream, that might do it.