On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Marko Topolnik
<marko.topol...@gmail.com>wrote:

> What exactly is getting compiled into a class here? Not the map itself, I
> believe; that wouldn't even cause this error.
>
> From general clues, the code that builds your config map is being compiled
> into a method. Without AOT compilation this shouldn't be happening, but I'm
> surprised it's happening even with AOT.

Java classes can contain code, and primitive constants, everything else,
even array initialisers in Java, have to be compiled into initialiser code
that builds the data-structure.

I'd guess that this would be a pretty big map to run to over 64k though -
though I think Clojure has a single initialiser method that initialises all
vars in the namespace, so it is tha total that is important.

I think AOT is irrelevant - the same classes get compiled whether they are
AOT'd or not.