> Right, but if the crossover namespace for my library is defined in its
project.clj, and I'm importing that library as a dependency into another
project, it's sort of redundant to repeat information already specified. I
guess what I hoped for was that crossover namespaces would automatically be
inherited from dependencies.

Hmm, carrying over those settings to dependent projects is an interesting
idea.  Worth more thought.

> When I change ":crossovers [libtest.core]" to ":crossovers [libtest]" and
compile, I get:

*> WARNING: Unable to find crossover:  libtest*
*> WARNING: Unable to find crossover:  libtest*

> Any ideas why?

Ahh, after looking into this a bit I found the problem.  The recursive
namespace thing will only work in the original project, not the JAR file --
see this comment for the
explanation:
https://github.com/emezeske/lein-cljsbuild/blob/master/support/src/cljsbuild/crossover.clj#L46

I think that it might be possible to add support for recursive crossovers
in JARs... maybe, based on some code I saw in the ClojureScript compiler
itself that unzips JARs to look inside
them:
https://github.com/clojure/clojurescript/blob/master/src/clj/cljs/closure.clj#L115

I'd accept a pull request to make that work (if it's possible), but I don't
have it on the roadmap of things to work on soon.

Maybe a possible solution to your problems is to just make sure the output
from the crossovers is included in the first project's JAR file?  E.g. add
something like :resource-paths ["src/libtest"] to the original project, so
the *.cljs files will get included in the JAR.  There's probably a good
reason not to do this (although I'm not sure what it is offhand)...
 Definitely a bit of a hack.