The feedback that comes immediately to mind:

* it sounds like property #3 complects black box vs white box and
specification vs implementation concerns
* it sounds like the feature functions potentially combine the state and
calculation layers in ways that should be internally reused, but also are
externally exposed through a public API. These two needs should probably be
decoupled
* it should be an implementation detail of X that X calls Y. This is just a
convenience. From a blackbox perspective, all that X's callers care about
is that X's contract is satisfied. They don't know and shouldn't care that
this is done by calling Y. Satisfying this behavior could be done by
calling Y, or calling a Y', or some other internal magic. The knowledge
that it currently is done by calling Y is irrelevant to the perspective of
satisfying a contract and shouldn't be reflected in testing that contract
* that said, it sounds like Y, contractually, is actually a subset of X, a
shortcut, to be used when the extra conditions that require X don't exist.
So testing Y should be able to be done through X's tests.

Some suggestions:

* it sounds like there should be another internal layer for reusable
combinations of state and calculation functionality, and Y's implementation
should get moved in there. Then Y, as a public API, is mostly just a
wrapper of that fn. X, as a public API, should also call that library fn,
not Y.
* that library fn can be tested in a whitebox fashion, with-redefs to mock
out the underlying internal functions so the unique behaviors are exercised
* for blackbox API testing, since it sounds like X and Y have
specification/contractual details in common, and Y may satisfy callers of X
who have simpler conditions- the 25 tests for X are needed, but the 5 of
those that apply when the extra X requirements are null can simply be
repurposed against the Y endpoint- as long as that's what the contracts say.

Hope that helps/makes sense, apologies if it misinterprets the question.