2013/4/15 Jim - FooBar(); <jimpil1...@gmail.com>

>  I was very surprised to find out that it is practically impossible to
> subclass some Class Foo and override only 1 overload of some method bar()
> via proxy...especially, if there are more than 1 methods 'bar' taking args
> like below, where InterfaceY extends InterfaceX. Providing the types does
> nothing - it seems proxy only cares about arity....

I don't think proxy can do that, save for dispatching to proxy-super
yourself.
gen-class seems to support for overriding based on type signature,
demonstrated here
http://dishevelled.net/Tricky-uses-of-Clojure-gen-class-and-AOT-compilation.html
Since this is not documented, I wonder if it's officially supported, though.