At least 2 of the people on this mailing list read Hacker News.

One thing that really annoys me is the "Link Expired" message.
If you wait more than a minute or two on a page, the NEXT button
will fail to get the next news item.

It seems to me that the Hacker News people need an education in
using immutable data structures and a lesson or two in Hickey's
notion of state and time.

If Hacker News kept their news chains as immutable data structures
they could update the pages without expiring links. You get a fresh
head of the pages but I'm 3 pages further along on an "old" path
yet we're both walking the same immutable structure.

This is painfully obvious to a Clojure user like myself.
Does anyone know anyone associated with Hacker News?
Can we clue them into immutable data structures?

Better yet, does ClojureScript fully support a method of
walking immutable host data structures so they could code the
pages with ClojureScript? That would be a very visible win in
a widespread community.

How would Datomic play in this game? Would the global immutable
data structure living in Datomic? Or would you simply architect
multiple machines that push/pull git-like updates among themselves?

A clone of Hacker News in Clojure would be a good GSOC project
as it is well defined and small enough for a single person effort.

Tim Daly