Thanks Anthony for your reply but I was already aware of that. I was hoping
for some solution which would took care of the binding if *:as* was
provided and would append the key-value to the *:as* parameter.

I probably need to do that myself....but you never know, someone else might
have done it and has an elegant proposal :)

Ryan