On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Alan Thompson <thompson2...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Armando - How did you get the nice syntax highlighting into your
> post??? Enquiring minds wanna know.....
> Alan

If the OP's problem is solved anyway, I suppose we can go OT a bit with
this thread now.

AFAIK, it's done by sending the list an HTML email. I'm not sure what tools
are used to generate the formatting, though, or of the netiquette of
posting in HTML. Those posts render well in the Groups interface and in
gmail, but for anyone using other mail clients to use the list, their
mileage will vary. It probably looks like a horrendous mess to anyone using
mutt, elm, or XFMail, for example. Are the majority of readers here using
gmail or Groups, then?

(On a related note, there are a lot of top-posted replies and I'm probably
guilty of a few of them myself. The gmail web interface makes it
significantly more effort to bottom-post, whereas Google Groups makes it
more effort to top-post, last time I checked out its interface. I haven't
seen complaints here about either type of post, though, or about HTML mail
to the list, so it seems as if all three are generally accepted here.)