>From the sample.project.clj:

; Determines whether the temporary JavaScript files will be left in place
between
; automatic builds. Leaving them in place speeds up compilation because
things can
; be built incrementally. This probably shouldn't be disabled except for
troubleshooting.
; Defaults to true.
:incremental true

So it seems like you don't have to worry about it. :)
cljsbuild does it automatically.

Jonathan