On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:

> It's really not difficult to do if you limit yourself to Clojure since
> Clojure namespaces are first-class and easy to manipulate at
> run-time. We implemneted a prototype of this in under two hours at a
> Seajure meeting a while back:
>
>     https://github.com/technomancy/metaverse
>
> However, it's significantly more difficult to do for arbitrary Java
> bytecode.

That's cool, and it will work for the simple case of libraries A and B
depending on different versions of C.

But it still breaks down in more complex cases: e.g. if I want to share
data between A and B using a protocol or type defined in C, and there are 2
incompatible versions of C. Even ClassLoaders can't help you there - I'm
not aware of any solution.

-S