"Jim - FooBar();" <jimpil1...@gmail.com> writes:
> You can count on that! In addition, whenever I find some free time I'd like to
> have a look at the lib and familiarise myself with it...and who knows, I may
> even have some (humble yet constructive) comments/feedback. Also, I think
> you'll find Clojure is a joy to work with in most domains (my main discipline
> is NLP but anything that involves 'heavy-data-lifting' is also a good
> candidate).

It's a nice language, I think. It inherits however the some of the
nastiness of Java, in particular it doesn't integrate at all into the
OS; the makes it not a good fit for little scripting, one-off jobs which
form the basis of a lot of scientific computing.

> aha! I see what you mean...how about 'with-bindings' then? something like this
> should run the tests just fine:
>
> (defn ontology-reasoner-fixture [tests]
>    (with-bindings {#'r/*reasoner-progress-monitor*
> r/reasoner-progress-monitor-silent} tests))
>
> ...shorter, same behaviour and as a bonus you're not limited to vars declared
> as dynamic. This should work with vanilla 'def' too :)

Which gives me the dynamic scoped behaviour, but not the global
resetting behaviour.

Phil