On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM, James Thornton
<james.thorn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Cedric -
>
> Look at Datomic free edition or the Titan graph database using
> either Berkeley DB as its backend datastore or Cassandra in single-server
> mode -- you can run both locally.
>
> Datomic: http://www.datomic.com/
> Docs: http://docs.datomic.com/
> Clojure Client: http://docs.datomic.com/clojure/index.html
> Videos: http://www.datomic.com/videos.html
> Blog: http://blog.datomic.com/
> Query Language: http://docs.datomic.com/query.html (Datalog)

The page seems to imply that the free edition DB has to fit in main memory.

> Titan: http://thinkaurelius.github.io/titan/
> Repo: https://github.com/thinkaurelius/titan
> Clojure Client: https://github.com/clojurewerkz/archimedes
> Blog: http://thinkaurelius.com/blog/
> Query Language: https://github.com/tinkerpop/gremlin/wiki (Gremlin)
>
> See the Resources section of the TinkerPop Book website for a collection
> of Titan videos and tutorials: http://www.tinkerpopbook.com/#resources

That seems more promising, but there seems to be no documentation to speak
of for Archimides and precious little for Titan, at least not without
devoting substantial time and bandwidth to viewing videos.

It's unclear, then, how I'd go about assembling everything into a clooj
project that would find all of its dependencies, nor how I'd use the API to
represent, query, add, change, etc. the data. (That tends to happen when no
API documentation seems to be linked from anywhere. :))

Long story short -- it seems that this stuff is either a) not ready for
prime time yet, b) targeted predominantly at people that are already at
expert proficiency working with graph databases with little concession for
learnability/usability by others, c) targeted predominantly at people using
Groovy rather than Clojure, or d) some combination of these things. :(