hehe :)

yep, I found it...some stupid class files had been left along with the java source files and they were interfering with the proper class files (under target/classes) since they were both under the classpath!!! I felt very stupid for having done this and that's why I didn't post back with the "solution"...but of course nothing is secret, as you demonstrated :)

btw, the commit you're showing is not exactly what fixed it...that was before my post I think...

Jim