Hi,

Recently I found myself searching for a white space which got lost
somewhere between reading an XML file and presenting some results from that
via a little webapp.

I think, I could track it down to the following example:

user> (clojure.pprint/pprint
       (clojure.zip/xml-zip
        (clojure.xml/parse
         (java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.
          (.getBytes
           "<root>
              <ok>
              </ok>
              <ok>
              </ok>
              <wheredidmyspacego>
              </wheredidmyspacego>
            </root>")))))

[{:tag :root,
  :attrs nil,
  :content
  [{:tag :ok,
    :attrs nil,
    :content
    [{:tag :span, :attrs nil, :content ["Hello "]}
     {:tag :span, :attrs nil, :content ["World"]}]}
   {:tag :ok,
    :attrs nil,
    :content
    [{:tag :span, :attrs nil, :content ["Hello "]}
     " dear "
     {:tag :span, :attrs nil, :content ["World"]}]}
   {:tag :wheredidmyspacego,
    :attrs nil,
    :content
    [{:tag :span, :attrs nil, :content ["Hello"]}
     {:tag :span, :attrs nil, :content ["World"]}]}]}
 nil]

Take a look at the last tag "wheredidmyspacego".  The whitespace between
the span tags gets lost whereas the " dear " in the second example is
preserved including surrounding spaces.

Is this on purpose and/or expected behavior?

Regards,
Stefan