That's it!  Thanks so much for the help!  In what cases is a function
turned into a RestFn?  variadic clojure or vararg java?  I was confused
about how clojure is turned into java, but things are a little clearer now.

(make-array) uses java.lang.reflect.Array.newInstance, which is bad as
well.  I'm going to try and push this interpolation down into the java API.