I am having a similar error, but it is happening for the vectors. I just
updated to the 0.11.0 version of vectorz. I have the following project file:

[org.clojure/clojure "1.5.1"]

[incanter/incanter-core "1.5.1"]

[incanter/incanter-charts "1.5.1"]

[net.mikera/vectorz-clj "0.11.0"]

And I get an error when I try to add a scalar to a vector:

(require '[mikera.vectorz.core :as vz])

(vz/+ 5 (vec [1 2 3]))

ClassCastException java.lang.Long cannot be cast to mikera.vectorz.AVector
mikera.vectorz.core/clone (core.clj:38)

Any suggestions? Is there anything else I need to do to my repl? Am I just
misusing the API?

Patrick